☆。♥~Little Cookie~♥。☆

♥♪♫☆ HAPPY MEMORIES ☆♫♪♥ LAST UPDATED: 24.09.2008 ☆♫♪♥

CURRENTLY STAYING IN NEW YORK! 29.09 TILL ???

Monday, August 18, 2008

Blame it on McDonalds!


Ever heard of the story that a guy sued McDonalds for being obese? I don't know if it's true, but I heard something like that. How crazy is that? T_T blaming a fast-food industry for being overweight. I understand that the hamburgers look oh-so yummy in the commercials, and that you can't help but to stop at McDo when you pass by for a quick snack .. but come on! It's not like Ronald McDonald is dragging you to the restaurant T_T you go there all by yourself. I admit, fastfood is very addictive (and believe me, I know) but I really wonder how it gets to a point that you get really obese. I mean, don't you think about your health? A lot of people eat too much because they have personal issues, and it is satisfying if you scrunch down french fries with a large coke, but don't those people ever think .. ''ok, I'm gaining too much weight, I have to go to the gym?''. Around 72% of the people in America that go to McDo, are overweight! How could it get so far? They blame it on the seductive commercials, and the delicious posters .. but like I said, you choose to go there.

You know what bothers me the most? Parents that let their children get overweight! That really makes me pissed. Because the parents eat a lot, they do it to their kids too. That's really irresponsible =S Approximately 1 of every 3 kids in America has a weight problem! That's really not normal. I think the problem is also that exercising isn't obligated at schools, and the schools that do have gym only do it for like 45 minutes a week. Here in Holland, if you flunk gym, you will not go to the next year or you don't get your diploma. And we exercised for around 2 hours a week. It's really important that you force your kids to do sports nowadays. I've seen children at the age of 4/5 years old, and they walk around with a psp! when I was that young, I was playing with Barbie dolls and play-doh. But nooo! Kids these days need MGS to be entertained. Back in the day, I played with other kids from the neighborhood, forgetting time because we played hide-and-seek for hours. Now you have to beat the kids away from the tv and their wii. If they sit inside all day, and eat a lot of junkfood, no wonder that they get fat. As a parent, you should do something about it. But it's not only the fault of parents, schools can be blamed too. I don't remember that our school cafeteria sold anything healthy. I ate kipcorn (I dont know the english word, so click here for a picture) with ketchup every day. Luckily for me, I don't gain weight that fast.

I saw this film last night called Supersize Me by Morgan Spurlock, and that was also the reason I started this blog entry. Click here for info, read it so you know what the movie is about if you haven't seen it. I was bored, and was just flipping channels and I just randomly chose a channel. Then I stumbled on this interesting film. I knew that too many people in America are overweight, but I didn't know it was that bad! I personally always think that people who say that they've tried everything make up a lot of excuses. Exercising always works, the question is just how hard you trained. Diet pills and all that other nonsense is just a lazy, non-effective, weak way for trying to lose weight. Super Size Me really opened my eyes. I'm a big fan of junkfood, but since I've seen that movie I wanted to change my life. And I admit, I had these kind of moments before. Now I am strong enough to do it! The gastric bypass surgery really freaked me out because you saw those big surgery knives =/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home